Sunday 29 April 2007

Fishing Trip

This is one thing I haven't done although I come from Terengganu. Fishing. I have always wanted to do fishing but never had the guts of doing it. So came along my phD friend, Muk Chen, organising the trip and so I took this opportunity to start my fishing adventure. As the famous Chinese proverb says 'Fish for a man, you can feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself forever.' So powerful!

Anyway, we started off by getting the life jackets from the Fire Station(which is also another first for me to go into a Fire Station. How jakun can I be. You learn something new everyday. :P) and headed off to the pier. Our first catch started a bit small. Just getting 4 tiny Torsk(Cod) fish. After feeling a bit disappointed, we moved to deep waters.

Ahhhhhhhh. That was where things got exciting. Everyone got 2 fish easily and then more came. The sizes were bigger too. But there was a price to pay. The weather wasn't that kind to us. The waves were quite choppy. So, after my last catch(I caught the biggest one which was about 3 kgs. :D) we headed back. The sea showed us no mercy making it a seriously bumpy right.

Luckily after 1 hour 20 minutes of enduring the vicious pounding and lashing of her wrath, we landed safely back in the pier. I SURVIVED! I thought I was going to die at one point. Fortunately, I was a bit nausea after all of that. But I pitied Muk Chen and SS. They were really sick. I don't think I want to go into the details but it wasn't pretty.

So all in all, it was quite good fun. But, this won't happen anytime soon. Hehehe. I just took the smallest and one large Cod for my own consumption because I can't really cook for so much and besides, I'm leaving in a month's time.

Our first batch. The small ones.

This was my catch. :) 3 kgs.

Big Momma. Muahahahaha. What should I call it?

Now we are talking about 20 over Cods here. :D

The eye of the storm. Well, that was only the clear patch in the sky. Scary.

Me safe and sound back in the pier. I looked a bit pale myself.

Daniel and me.

Muk Chen, XYZ, Jose, me and SS.

p/s: That's his name. XYZ. Xiang Yuan Zhou. Not the XYZ-axis okay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!