Sunday 1 April 2007

Bring It On: All Or Nothing

Ahhhhh. Sunday is always the slowest day for me. Time passes slightly slower and I guess I'm just lazing around doing nothing. So, as my Easter holidays continue and of course my countdown to London is now 1 day and 22 hours, I'm still continuing my movie marathon. After yesterday's inspiring movie 'Step Up', I again wanted to watch something with teamwork. And what better movie to watch cheer-leading. They are all to inspire and most of all, working as a team. I always remember back home in Malaysia that recently they started the Cheer competition between the schools. Well Malaysia, sorry to say this, but we still have A LOT to learn from the West. They are just simply good. I suppose all of them there are just crazy over cheer-leading transforming them into bimbos. At least Malaysians are like that yet.

Overall, the movie was okay. A bit funny with the mix races but I suppose that's reality at times. Cheer-leading as usual was good and a bit different by adding some 'crumpping' - a dance which looks violent but it isn't.

I always remember our MNight, 'Of Bunga Rayas and Coconuts' opening dance had a mini stunt at the ending with a cheer-leading stand. After that dance was over, everyone burst out cheering. Yay! Though I was behind the curtains but after watching on the DVD, it was so great. Everyone that year who saw and performed would concur with me. Even my friend, Sebastian(director of Warwick's MNight that year - a hardcore person to satisfy when it comes to MNights) said after the opening dance, Imperial's MNight was the best. It was damn fine I can assure you that. Oh, this year again for MNight, they did 2 stands. Ahhhhh, my little bro's idea to add those I think. Hahaha. Not bad. Not bad at all. And I loved Kai's one hand cart-wheel. I'm still surprise you could do that. Good job on that. Oh well, I wonder next year they will start tossing people up in the air. May be not. The stage is too small and isn't exactly ideal for dancing or performance of sort. No pressure but make MNight better, Fresher! ;)


Pacific Vista Pirates routine.


Chenshaw High Warriors routine.


Finale. With crumpping where they push the Pirates away .

Also, lunch was simple. Sushi rolls again. I had to use up all my leftover salmon from the other day. Yes I know Charlotte. What a boring variety I have every day for my meals but I want to finish all my food before I go back to London. I can't beat your onion soup but I like Japanese food. I suppose I can go to Hi Sushi where ever that is. :)

Salmon roll. It was good salmon. Very fatty.

Californian roll.

No comments: