Tuesday 3 April 2007

A Success!

Well, as you know that I have been talking about the meal I was suppose to cook for 6 people - Bak Kut Teh. It turned out pretty good. Everyone seemed to like it. Taste wise was fairly okay though I don't know whether my tongue was a bit gila after eating a gum before the meal. But I suppose may be I had added too much mushrooms killing off some of the taste. I found it to be slightly less tasteless. I didn't want to put too much soya sauce as people can add their own sauces if want it. My 'salad' - Yew Chai was very good. Yay. I love that veggie too. It is simple and just taste good.

Sorry, no pictures of the food. Everyone just dug in and makan. I was shocked. It wasn't really a late dinner at all. Oh well. I'm happy that everyone liked it. Desserts were some Norwegian cookies which were yummy with Earl Grey tea. How british can we go. My cup of tea with the British accent.

From left to right: Karolina(Polish), Adrian(Malaysian) and Sam(Irish).

Ele(Italian) on the left and Nora(German) on the right. Quite an international mix I say.

Hello Sam. They were having a discussion on potato sacks. The pronunciation of sacks in German is sex?. That was a good laugh. Sorry, Nora.

All in all, the meal was good with great company. Nora did ask me what do I get out of this meal since I paid for everything? I was kinda shocked when she said that. Not many people often say that to me but it has been my honour and pleasure to cook for you guys. And besides, I like to cook but not doing up the dishes. So Nora, you kinda 'paid' in that sense when you did the dishes. I hope we can meet up soon when I get back. As they say, you give and take. Oh well, talking about taking, they were nice to make some buns for me during my trip to Roros. It was good as it has chocolate filling in it. It kinda frozen since it was about -23 degrees then. It was definitely worth going for that trip though I ponteng a Wednesday for that. Hehe.

Now, it is time for me to pack up and go to London.

2 comments:

sp said...

eh can see u in the reflection of the window! hahahah

Cheng Chun said...

Aiya, not as prob as you mah... :P