Tuesday 17 April 2007

A Broken Promise

I promised Siew Ping that I won't be jiwang anymore(not to mention joined her society). But it is impossible to do so when things are not going your way and what makes it worse is that you are in a strange, foreign country and no one is here to help you out. Not physically but emotionally.

Sometimes you want to spill your guts out but you can't. Yea, MSN sure. But it isn't the same when you hear someone's voice or speak in person. That's for me anyway. And what if when no one is online which is the case now since this is the busiest time for everyone as exams are around the corner. You can't just sit in front of the computer waiting for the person to pop up and talk. It is quite depressing and just sad. Of course, I do know that I can't be expecting everyone to be talking to me right now. They have a life too.

I have been told by everyone to just keep going. That 6 weeks is really fast and before you know it you will be back in London. Ya, it sounds great and I'm not really complaining that I'm here in Norway(those who I complained initially to, I have gotten over that). It has been definitely an experience and you don't get this chance in many university to go abroad. But this time, it will twice as long before I head back. And the project is at a dead end for now.

Yes I know that things doesn't always falls in place where you want it to. Yes I know that life is all about learning and we gain experience from it no matter how small or big it is. Yes I know just do it and don't complain(quoted from Siew Ping). But what happens when there is this big, fat obstacle where you can't overcome if it is beyond our control!

All I really need is to hug someone just for a sense of comfort and security. Sounds dodgy, gay whatever you call but screw it! A hug for 5 seconds can reassure someone than a chat of 15 minutes. That is how I feel. Life has to go on.

3 comments:

sp said...

Wah u mentioned my society... feel so honoured^^

Anyway yea when theres a big fat obstacle which is outside ur control, all the more u dont need to be stressed bout it!

hehe for me i only stress when theres an obstacle and it's within my control... cos that means i'm not putting in enough effort :P

Otherwise if theres something worrying that is bound to happen outside my control, i will think that whether i worry bout it for 1 month or 1 week or 1 day, it will still be there, still outside my control. So might as well worry less right ;) Just turn around and enjoy the scenery first ^^ And recharge to prepare to take on the problem when it comes.

Sounds lame but it really helps when i think that way ahahah.

Jiayou lar

Unknown said...

you know? i was walking back through south ken station, and there was a free hugs campaign. I hugged those people there... it was nice, to know that you have been cared for....

like siew ping said, jiwangness is a feeling, it will go away... just don't dwell on it....

Come on!!!! Hahaha, and good luck!

Cheng Chun said...

Hahaha. Thanks a lot girls. I really needed something. Hopefully I can get going today.