Saturday 21 April 2007

The Pros and Cons of Exams

Ah ha. Some crazy topic! But since exams are in the air, I dedicate this post to you guys out there sitting for many many exams. (I'm so dead after this post. Hehehe!)

I know you guys facing exams now will be thinking whether is Cheng Chun sane now. Exams are evil of course. I definitely hated them from the beginning of life. But since I'm in the only (active) Malaysian from Aero in MSoc, I'm proud to say that I'm the only one not sitting for exam NOW. HAH! Sorry la peeps ya! :) Been there done that for 4 years! So, it is time to brag when you all are suffering now! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh sorry ya 4th years. We, Aero people, did suffer our Christmas this year so, we DESERVED not to have exams now! ;)

Anyway, here are the pros and cons of exams.

PROS
  1. You have a daily routine during the holidays. Yes, I know holidays are meant to be fun, lazing around, doing absolutely nothing but at points it is better than staring into space.
  2. Something to focus on. Compared to my situation now, you really NEED something to keep you going to make time fly.
  3. I suppose you can say that we are learning all these stuff to enlighten ourselves. Damn corny. I know. :D
CONS
  1. Stress! What else do you have when there are exams. But remember to chill once in a while.
  2. Oh yea. It is jiwang time. Feeling depressed that you can't get what the lecture notes and tutorials are telling you. And at this point, the guilt comes in for missing those lectures. (Though I never missed a lecture before, I still feel dumb :( )
  3. You think that's bad. The killer is doing past year papers. You might know your notes inside out even memorise word for word but application to the exam papers is a whole different ball game. Then, you begin to cry. Literally! T.T
  4. After feeling defeated and saying 'Why the hell I took this course in the first place', you will be thinking of home. You just want to take the first flight out to Malaysia to run away from all of these. Come on! Don't you all want to do that now? ;) Such a chain reaction of emotions here.
  5. I presume everyone's body clock would have changed or become upside down. I personally say changed into 'vampire mode'. Sleep in the day but study by night. But be careful. Don't miss your exams!
  6. Day in day out, you have to do the same thing over and over again. BORING! For the next coming weeks, your lives will revolve around the library and your room facing the books. No more fun weekends. Poor you all!
  7. You can't go out jalan-jalan when the weather is perfect like now in London. Just seeing people on the lawn or park sun-bathing or just laying there makes you want to do so. To just chill. I know someone would love to go and snap tonnes of pictures. But it is definitely much much better than being in the library where the environment is so tensed. Not to mention the library is hot and stuffy and gawd knows what smell there is there now.
Hmmmmmm. I wonder whether there are anymore pros or cons. But for now, there seems to be more cons than pros for exams. Obviously! Don't worry! I have been there and I know how it feels.

But we are from Imperial. We can overcome all of these adversities and hey, we are THE best in the world. Without these exams, it wouldn't push us further to be the future engineers of the world. Cough cough. How lame is that. LOL! Just enjoy the ride I like to say.

This will all end soon enough and then you all will be off around Europe or back to Malaysia.

But my main message for this post is to say,

"All the best guys and girls, study hard and smart and good luck! JIA YOU AND GAMBATTE!!!"

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh please... Melbourne people are way better than Imperial :P

On the other hand, imagine what it would be like to have absolutely no exams at all! Especially for people making the transition from uni to working life.

And I still occasionally feel bored even though so many things are keeping me occupied.

Cheng Chun said...

You are a freak la... Mana ader people miss exams one... I mean ya la... But I will never ever do it again... :)

sp said...

good luck to u too :P