Tuesday 1 May 2007

Food and Gamble

Tonight's meal was cool. We had tonnes of Cod(obviously from our fishing trip). Also, we had a bit of Western meal(cooked by Daniel. Scrumptious!). I do apologise for not taking any pictures. We gobbled everything. No time to take my camera out. But we had 2 types times of steamboat; the normal fish stock and the other was Szechuan style steamboat. A bit spicy but super yummy.

Then came my favourite past time. For the past 3 days, I have been gambling(without money of course). We played 'Chor Tai Di'. I was quite surprised that Daniel was very excited to get the game started. Oh well, he said it was better than poker any time. :)

Anyway on the first day, I lost quite badly about 25 chips. Ah ha, that changed around today. I won about 48 chips. Quite an accomplishment I have to admit. I was down to -20 initially(initial capital of 50 each) but picked up after midnight. Yea yea. Nothing exciting there but still. It is always fun to win.

But of course, the morale of the story is not to gamble at all. It will never ever benefit you in the long run. It will drain your money and everything out of you. So, just be careful.

4 comments:

sp said...

wah got moral of story somemore hahahaha

Cheng Chun said...

Of course. Everything in life has a story to tell. Whoaaaa, that was deep. :P

sp said...

sounds very grandfather-like :P

Cheng Chun said...

Woi!!! Apa grandfather!!! :(

Actually, I did play as a grandfather in my college mini act... :)