Sunday 27 May 2007

50 Things To Do Before You Leave University

This was done by New Scientist. I gotta give it a try.

Bold is I done it before.
Italic is I wish I have done it.
Red is my own comment.
  1. Spend at least one week researching your career.
  2. Send off a job application.
  3. Work on your CV.
  4. Hand in an assignment a week early. (I'm almost done! YAY!)
  5. Visit every library on campus. (NERD!)
  6. Star in a play. (Of course, in Art of Wok as a drunkard)
  7. Attend a careers fair.
  8. Attend a history lecture. (Aero stuff)
  9. Do something stupid for charity.
  10. Fall madly in love.
  11. Pull pints.
  12. Take a course or alternative module. (I think I took the wrong course after 4 years)
  13. Try out for the University Challenge team. (But too stupid)
  14. Argue with an arts student.
  15. Join a society. (My beloved Msoc)
  16. Consider never leaving. (I'm going to miss my freshers for sure)
  17. Vote. (Random voting though)
  18. Attend a protest. (I went to a Labour Union Rally)
  19. Hug a professor.
  20. Discover a local band.
  21. Get some work experience. (This summer in Norway)
  22. Speak at a debate.
  23. Teach science to kids.
  24. Take your parents to the pub.
  25. Write a blog. (Too bored and my frequency is crazy as some would say)
  26. Try a job shadow. (Oil company. Hard work man)
  27. Wear your pyjamas to a lecture. (I think Charlotte does)
  28. Flip burgers.
  29. Buy a suit.
  30. Visit the careers office.
  31. Become excessively pretentious.
  32. Organise something.
  33. Throw a proper dinner party. (Before we leave I hope)
  34. Volunteer.
  35. Be a culture vulture.
  36. Join a sports team.
  37. Start a business. (May be)
  38. Live out.
  39. Make 100 friends. (Does Facebook count)
  40. Buy a piece of university clothing. (YES I have one! I wanted to get a mouse pad though)
  41. Go to the zoo.
  42. Subscribe to a magazine. (New Scientist though)
  43. Collect 50 pounds in loose change.
  44. Take a sandwich year. (Parents said NO)
  45. Go to a fancy-dress ball.
  46. Brighten up your department. (Did crazy stuff though)
  47. Find religion.
  48. Find a job.
  49. Give up drinking.
  50. Open your mind. (It is a must)
Since I read Charlotte's blog, I tag her la. And all those who are going to grad this year. 21 out 50. Aiya.

Sorry Freshers, I would tag you but you still have a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go. :D

2 comments:

dulcinea said...

haha.. i dowan to do...
all that stuff there is no fun one!

and i dun wear pyjamases to uni!!!!

Cheng Chun said...

That's true but aihhhhhh. Going to leave college d. :(

You no sad meh.