Sunday 13 May 2007

Reflection

Okay. This definitely sounds jiwang but I don't think it isn't overly jiwang. I realised that I'm not as strong as I thought I was. You know. Being aboard for nearly 6 years I thought I'm quite independent and all(which I'm of course). No doubt I won't be the same person if I was back in Malaysia.

But being in Norway has shown me that I'm quite vulnerable to the world. I suppose I have been always spoon fed in UK since I have my sisters there. I'm always just a bus or train ride away to see them if I needed some TLC. Hehehe. Hey, what did you expect from the little one of the family. Brat eh. I know. :)

I was prepared to go to Norway leaving everything behind(though it was only for 4 months). Knowing that my set of friends have gone their separate ways, I dared to venture out. Out of my comfort zone. And going to a super foreign country where everyone is like 5' 10" at least and you are definitely THE foreigner, I would say it definitely took guts to do so.

Mana tau this year(06/07), I met an amazing bunch of friends(my baby freshers) who really showed me that life is really fun. I suppose I didn't get the opportunity in my first year to really go all out. That's why I'm catching up with all of it.

Because of them, coming to Norway was extremely hard for me. Even though I hardly knew them, I feel somehow we are connected in some way like some long lost buddies. And of course, I found a new little brother along the way. Hahaha. Not to mention a siao cha boh too. It does make life more interesting. :P

So yea, all this emo emo stuff from me for the past 3 months came from this. Who would have thought that Cheng Chun, the lone ranger would actually feel sad for being too lonely. Ironic.

It has been a great privilege and honour to have met you guys. And I'm not regretting every second me being here. What a good thing to end my last years of my university life. Making great friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this post....

keep it coming

Cheng Chun said...

Lol. Thanks Megan. Your year has been great to me. :)