Wednesday 3 October 2007

Strike Only

Aaaaaaaaaa ja!!! Royal Mail on strike. What the hell man. I mean this country is forever on strike. Tube strike. Bus strike. Post strike. Rubbish collectors strike. Airport strike. Teacher strike. Coal workers strike. Even chocolate factory workers strike. And the list goes on.

Now, what am I complaining about as if this is effecting me so much. OF COURSE LA!!! When this is about my graduation tickets arriving. Stupid Royal Mail.

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action. Two 48-hour strikes are planned. The first will begin at lunchtime on Thursday 4th October and ends at lunchtime on Saturday 6th October. The second will begin in the early hours of Monday 8th October, ending in the early hours of Wednesday 10th October.

Bah. Then I emailed Imperial to see whether have they sent it. They surely did.

Dear Cheng Chun,

The tickets were sent out earlier today so hopefully they should reach you before the strike.

Kind regards

Emma


So, now it will be a waiting game for me for the tickets to arrive. I know I shouldn't panic and I still have time before graduation. But most of the time the post will be in a backlog and there will be tonnes of mails lost. That's for sure. Then again. I was wrong to misjudge. I sent a parcel to Siew Ping and she got it like 2 weeks earlier than I intended for it to arrive. Aiyaaaaa!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. this is funny. everyone loves to strike in UK to get what they want.