Friday 19 October 2007

Greenwich I

This was totally unarranged. Tock wanted to meet up for Krispy Kremes in Harrods. Mana tau this guy wanted to go to Greenwich to see the line. I was quite happy with it though of course, I wasn't at the proper state of mind because I woke up at 11 a.m. WAY too late for me. No idea why I was so tired then.

But before I get on with the events of the day, I didn't bring my camera!!! Among the days which I should have brought, I didn't!!! How I know la I was suppose to go to scenic places. Cis. So please bare with my wordy post today. I will try to get some pictures off from Tock's camera.

Anyway, I met Tock and ahem ahem, Ringo in South Kensington. Of course there was a slight detour to Ben's cookies which I didn't know they weighed the cookie and sell it instead of the normal per price per piece. Then our journey began.

We took the tube and then the DLR. Ahhhhhhhh. Now this is the first time I'm taking this mode of transportation. DLR is an unmanned driving train just like our PUTRA LRT back home in KL. But the ride wasn't as smooth. It was quite rocky at some points like a roller coaster. Anyhow, the journey was quite scenic going through Canary Wharf and such. Was being a 'knowledgeable' Londoner about buildings and history.

After reaching at Cutty Sark, we headed off to the Information Centre to get our bearings right. We had a mini break and lunch for both of them. I had a Ginger Beer and it wasn't that great as I thought it was suppose to be. Anyway, we then headed off to the Royal Observatory where the line is. But before that we had to cross the University of Greenwich and Trinity College of Music. Bananas. It was so pretty and the buildings were great.


Basically, the area was just for jalan-jalan. Big parks and lawns. I can just imagine tonnes of people just sitting on the grass to just relax or sunbath like in Hyde Park. Behind the College it was the Maritime Museum. That was really nice and grand. Once again sorry no pictures. But here's one to see how nice it was.

After walking about 500 meters and listening to Tock's rambling of walking too much and Ringo's japanese translation of English(it was damn funny-tok) and climbed a freaking mountain, we reached the Royal Observatory. This is where they observed time and space resulting to many findings in the astronomy field. There were many things to observe and watch. The GMT line is of course is known for it's 0° 0' 0" longitude. And you can say you can be on the strip of nowhere where time stops. I dunno what I'm talking to be honest. Must be from Ringo!!! Hahaha.

It seems that these days I have been jalan-jalaning a lot. But it's very nice with good company. I definitely had a good time this time.

p/s: I will try to get the photos from Tock if I ever can!!! Of course these pictures I curi from somewhere else. :P

- Updated -

5 comments:

MsBeHaVeN said...

Wah I missssssssssss Krispy Kremes :'(

Can buy back some ah ? Hahah just kidding. I know it's not easy to bring back food.

Cheng Chun said...

Can of course. Let me see. Though you are going to eat an entire box of it ah. ;)

MsBeHaVeN said...

Yea la, true it comes either in 12's or maybe you just buy me 1 la :P

Cheng Chun said...

Just one. Like that I better make it for you la. Cis. Hahaha. Will see okay. How are the tickets going along?

MsBeHaVeN said...

Got your tickets got your tickets! Your 1 piece that you're going to make for me better taste just like KK's else I won't accept :P