Sunday 7 October 2007

Spontaneous Saturday

Let me start off saying that I'm extremely tired because of my overdose of caffeine from my Starbucks. But I suppose I had a drive to go out to meet up my very ambitious junior, Wei Shen. He messaged me about 1 p.m to meet up for lunch since he was bored and just finished his gym. Unfortunately, I had my lunch but I had no problem just meeting up with him anywhere. Besides, I needed to show him where Soho is.

After 20 minutes going through public transport, we explored Soho for about 15 minutes to find a restaurant or bar for Wei Shen to eat something as I quote from him 'light' though I know he eats like a horse. We ended up eating in a nice pub. Quite fancy the seatings and all. I had a pair of oysters(sounds so cool and posh huh. I know) and a chocolate malt milkshake. I have to say the milkshake was good. He had a cheeseburger.

I had another plan to head off to Imperial for their Fresher's Reception and it seems that RTM was there to film or document how Malaysians celebrate Raya in London away from Malaysia. To be honest, I think it's just a way for the 'crew' of RTM to just go on holiday to the UK for Raya. Heh. However, I decided to divert from that plan.

My junior from Melaka had a mini mishap. She fainted and fractured her skull. So, of course she was sent to the hospital and she is fine. Obviously, this was more important than my fame on T.V. To be honest, this is my first time ever visiting a friend in a hospital and also visiting a UK hospital. Sad I know. But hospital isn't the best place to visit or to catch up with an old friend. She is now resting well. So no worries for her. Get well soon girl. ;)

Not to mention, it's her birthday on Sunday i.e. today midnight. Happy Birthday too Joanne.


After the visit, we headed off to Wei Shen's place for dinner since it was around the corner for dinner. We had Thai food. Pad Thai and Tom Yum was good. Acceptable lah. Hahaha. And of course we ended the meal by going to Wei Shen's house. I had a good look at it and it's quite nice. Student-ish. Hehehe.

I definitely had a good talk with him about politics, race and religion. Not to be politically right or being racist and all. But sometimes, I like to get other people's view of recent topics which dominates our current daily lives. It wasn't overkill with who is bad and all but a general picture of current issues. We have to always expand our minds and broaden our views on everything.

I always believe that 3 things should never be spoken at the table; Politics, Race, Religion. However, it will always pop up no matter how you avoid it. To be frank, all the world issues are revolves around these 3 topics. I dare and bet with you if you could tell me which current issues doesn't consist of one of these issues. I'm sure to win this bet easily.

To conclude, it was a good day.

No comments: