Wednesday 26 September 2007

Tiring Tuesday

Well, I'm back from Birmingham today although it was just a 4 hour stop-by before we took the bus back to London which was a nightmare. Will report on that later.

Anyway, we started off by sending off Heng Yong to Warwick and just simple to make him comfortable in his new environment. I wish all the best to you and I'm sure you will be alright. I was overseeing a big brother taking care of his little brother. So sweet of him. Nice work there Heng Kai. ;)

Just a side note about Warwick, that it's quite a nice campus not too big yet not too small. The surroundings were quite nice and tranquil. The hall I went to see was right nice and compact and it was strategically located in the campus. And the best part I loved was that each room was given a recycling bag so that they can recycle their recyclables every week. Excellent. GO WARWICK!!!

So, we then took the train to Birmingham since it was 3.60 pounds per person per way there. Not bad and it was fast about 20 minutes. But the best part was taking the new Virgin Trains!!! Okay. I might be a sucker for this but seriously, it is damn cool. I know these trains has been out for nearly 3 years but seriously la. It looks so cool!!! And of course, there is much more that its looks. It's top speed is 120 miles which is fast especially using the old tracks and the train can counter-rotate to balance the force when it goes around a bend.

Birmingham. Hmmmmmmm. We reached there about 1ish and Joanne took us to Big Wok and we ate this Chinese buffet for 5 pounds. Wahhhhhhh. How to eat like that la. But of course, now mua jaga badan, I don't really eat so much. What can I say about it. Just that it has been slightly modernised. Loads of new developments. And it's quite big and all.

So, then this was where the nightmare started. We left Birmingham at 5 p.m and of course that was during rush hour. It took a while to get out of the city centre but that wasn't the main problem. It was more of the M40 at Junction 9 and 10 having been blocked due to an accident. Not to mention, the bus wasn't exactly smelling so nice and having a talking-to-herself-mad lady singing her lungs out. I almost lost my iPod too since it slipped out from my pocket. Thanks Heng Kai for reminding me.

Joanne wasn't feeling well too. She had a migraine and hope she feels better now because she is heading off to Paris today.

Anyway, have fun gang in Paris. I'm sure you all will enjoy the city. It's one of the best places to be with someone.

No comments: