Wednesday 12 September 2007

New York

Welcome to the Big Apple. We reached in the mid-evening after a 3 hour bus ride from Washington. So being the American thing we took their Greyhound buses. Anyway, we stayed in Little Korea which was quite nice but seriously New York is the BOMB!!!

So, our first stop was to the Empire State Building because is was just 1 block behind the hotel so we took the chance to go up to the observation deck.

The Chrysler Building.


Downtown New York. More like the Financial District.


The building at the Y junction used to be the tallest building in New York in the late 1850.


New York Public Library.

You are fired!!!

Times Square. Yay!!! So much light!!!

Empire State Building.

And this was the last night where I was going to be well. In the middle of the night, I had food poisoning. A bad one. Basically, everything came out and I thought the world was coming to an end. I think I had an overdose of oil in my body and it was rejecting all of it. Eeewwwwwwww. So, I was semi-bedridden. Poor sister of mine had to go shopping by herself in Macy's etc and she couldn't go and eat her pork ribs.

Obviously, I recovered in the next 36 hours and we DEFINITELY had to see the Statue of Liberty. We had to be there early to catch the ferry to Liberty Island.

Fat gull!!!

The Statue of Liberty. The symbol of starting a new life in America.


The first torch held by her.



Ellis Island where all immigrants at that time were held before they could touch the land of America.

The bull to represent a bullish economy.

Wall Street.

NYSE. Yay. Don't you feel the power. :P

Ahhhhhhhh. The whole point of this past posts. Groud Zero. Just imagine I would be standing up on the 110-storey taking breathing pictures. Now, it's just empty. Oh well, I can't wait for Freedom Tower.

Brooklyn Bridge.

Metropolitan Museum.

Central Park. Of course you have to come here right.

Central Station. It is very grand. Must see it.

So, our last day ended of course with shopping. I tell you. Shopping here is soooooooo great!!! Heaven man. We went to the factory outlets and my goodness. It is so cheap. My Nike trousers cost like $14 and just what it was the kid's XL. And it was still big. I love America!!!

New York. Just you wait. I will be back soon enough. And actually I would love to go back to Washington.

No comments: