Monday 10 December 2007

Vancouver Day III

Day 3 was just on Whistler. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. This was one of my favourite places in the world. Not the mention the weather was suppose to be clear. Anyway, I shall explain why soon enough. However, my adventure began when I took the Canadian Greyhound. Just for your information, the Greyhound's are the National Express of USA. Anyway, I took the 9.45 a.m bus and I thought it was a 2 1/2 hours drive. Boy, was I wrong!?!?

Pacific Bus Terminal. Oh, the security guard was coming towards me because I was taking a picture. Hmmmmm.

The one thing about going to Whistler Mountain is that the drive is one of the best. Comparing to the bus ride I took to Val d'Isere(a ski resort in France which was 16 hours!!!!!!), it was very fast and the road weren't as windy and the altitude of the roads are not high at all. Traveling there was very scenic too and from the pictures you can certainly say that everyone would be taking out their cameras and snapping away.



So after taking about 3 1/2 hours going to Whistler, a super long delay with the road constructions and bus stops we had to make, I arrived to my beloved mountain. The weather about -1 degrees and just nice. They still haven't reached its peak yet but it was still busy. The ski resorts and nicely situated and such.


Whistler Mountain.

The ski resorts.




Well, I so wished I could ski but couldn't. :(

And my cup of Vanilla Bean Hot Chocolate. Something unusual but it was all good under the right conditions.

And their Greyhound. Though there isn't a picture of the dog la.

I headed off back to Vancouver at 3 p.m. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get much to breath more clean air into my body. The time was just too short for me to experience the mountain's great environment and surroundings and most of all food. Even shopping is good there and yea, I bought a beanie for myself since I lost mine a few years back.

Sunsetting in Squamish another small town near Whistler.


I too was rushing back to Vancouver as I had a dinner appointment. But the traffic in Vancouver didn't spare me. Oh well, it was certainly a short nice trip.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Canada looks beautiful. I really like your second photo taken from the bus.

Cheng Chun said...

Thanks ken. But I was just clicking away with my tiny camera compared to yours. :P

But yes, I love Canada. It's so scenic.