Monday 3 December 2007

Graduation in Singapore

Tadda. Graduation all over again.

Well, before we get into the glorious details of the event, let me say I was so pissed with the taxi uncle who took me from the hotel to University Culture Centre(UCC) in NUS. I asked him to go to UCC for the event and he asked me where was it? I'm like, 'Hello Uncle, I'm not the taxi driver and I'm not from Singapore either!!!' Luckily, the night before, Changyong told me that it was near Beuno Vista. So, I just blurted that out and he was like ok.

Then we got to Beuno Vista and he asked me again, where the building was? HELLO!!! MALAYSIAN HERE!!! I had no idea where the building was and NUS for that matter!!! Nevermind, I said keep driving into NUS where we passed University Hospital and such and was getting deeper and deeper into NUS. Still couldn't find it and no directions(need to improve on that NUS).

Anyway, after like 10 minutes, we were at this big new building which I initially spotted Culture Centre and I asked him to stop. So much for my taxi fare. Blah.


So let's move on to the main event. Graduation here was definitely much more simple but I suppose it had a touch of Imperial with the banners and the stewardess with their robes. Even the robes were slightly different but the main difference was the mortar board i.e. the graduation hat you toss in the air!!!

The first two arrivals. :)

Yes. Asia Convocation!!!

Okay we had a small small theatre. Talking about 200 people at most.

And those were their boxes. Okay. Now, that's quite a small scale compared to Royal Albert Hall.

Yay. The mortar board!!!


I would say very close to the Rector leh. :P

Felix.

These were the amount of people who attended from Aero. Oh well. It's all Chinese!!!

Changyong definitely made a grand entrace for entering with the Rector and such. He is just great.

Still remember this famous picture. I got many good and crazy remarks about this. :P


Then after errrmmmmm about 1 year later, we became this.

The 3 of us now. From that to this. Amazing!

Though I had some other pictures which I need to dig from other people. It's sure going to be a nice one. ;) Overall, the event was a simple and nice one. Just graduating with the other 2 Singaporeans was great and just tonnes of fun. Not to mention, boiling under 3 layers of clothes and under the Singapore sun. But it was worth it.

No comments: