Sunday 1 July 2007

Cooking Frenzy

Well, I have been utterly bored here in London doing nothing much other that trying to sort my Norway stuff which slapped me in the face again. So, that's another story. Anyway, I have been cooking a lot. I have been trying recipes out and they all turned out quite nice.
  1. Claypot taufu with seafood. Okay. I didn't use a claypot because it wasn't really necessary. But it was all good. The eggy sauce could have been slightly salty but we should try to eat less salt. The daily intake of salt for a human is 6mg.
  2. Soy Sauce Chicken. I know it sounds plain but it has some other things in it of course not just soy sauce. Quite yummy. I think I would add a bit of sesame oil.
  3. Kiam Chai(Ham Choy) Soup. This weeks soup was very very nice and sweet. I'm shocked with myself. So yummy.
  4. Steamed Chicken Wings. The wings were quite nice. Definitely different than the grilled honey chicken wings I normally do but I wished I had marinated with more marinate.
  5. Raspberry Sorbet. This was to clean my pellet. Very refreshing since London is kinda hot-ish at times. Since it is summer, I better make use of the summer fruits.
Food to come
  1. Diced Chicken with Cashew Nuts. I think that's going to be yummy.
  2. Kung Po Chicken. The chicken we always have it in the restaurants. This will be my first time using dried chillies. :) Though I might not be doing it since it is deep fried. I didn't know.
  3. Cencaluk Chicken. Sounds adventurous and I like Cencaluk so why not?
  4. Ayam Pong Tay. Wow. I will try that for sure.
  5. Taufu soup with Pickle Veggie. That's going to be to an experiment. :)
  6. Abalone Chicken Soup with fish maw. I just love soups.
  7. Lemon Cheesecake. I'm going to make that later this afternoon after my fridge is more empty. I filled it with tonnes of food for the week. Need to feed a growing boy. :P
Okay. I think that's enough for the 2 weeks I will be here in London before I jet off to Norway. Wish me luck. I hope I don't get food poisoning.

No comments: