Sunday 22 July 2007

Transformers

Oh my god. Never in my life I would say this for an old cartoon which I absolutely adore and idolise when I was small, but crap, the show is good. The animation was great and the storyline was not too bad. The reviews for this so far is very good and I agree with it.

I had to download this show too because it will only be out by the end of July in the UK. THANKS A LOT UK for being one of the most developed countries in the world and you can't be the first to preview these American shows. Wankers they are. :P

The only thing which I didn't like was I wanted MORE TRANSFORMERS!!! :D That's my only complaint. I always wondered why the Decepticons get more canggih machines and the Autobots getting cars most of the time. :)

Transformers. More than it meets the eyes!

Always wanted to say that. I don't really mind watching it again in the cinema with the loud noise and all. My download copy wasn't that great.

- Update -

Right. I went to watch the advance preview of this show(Stupid UK will be showing this next week!!!). Actually, this time I get to watch everything clearly and the action. Well, so much for piracy. :)

Anyway, I went out with Brian to watch this movie. We both agreed that it is just a 'brainless' movie but it is definitely entertaining. No plot which is just Transformers. It is all about the mecha. The audience too were so excited when the robots transformed etc. Those are hardcore and at the end of the movie, there were claps.

5 comments:

Chiam said...

Sigh...

Yet another one claiming the superiority of the movie. Is there anyone out there who can look past the impressive graphics and agree with me that the dialogue sucked?

Cheng Chun said...

Lol. Aiya Chiam. I know the dialogue wasn't that bad. I could have been even worse okay that's for sure. Compared to Spiderman. Please. :P

Chiam said...

Ah, don't remind me. One cannot compare the epitome of disappointing movies with the rest of the summer flicks. It's simply unfair. Besides, Spiderman 3 barely had enough dialogue to make up for Maguire grooving. I guess 2007 will be remembered as the year of franchise massacres.

McGarmott said...

On the contrary. Spider-Man 3 was an excellently executed complex story, just not as emotionally potent as Spider-Man 2. Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End is the most intelligent film all summer - so intelligent that most of the audience got confused and mistook that for a sign of a bad movie. Ratatouille climbed higher on the IMDb charts than any other animation has ever attempted. Live Free Or Die Hard (Die Hard 4.0) was at least adequate as a sequel, and Fantastic Four 2 is (while still hopelessly artless and soulless) at least better than the first one.

And we have yet to see The Simpsons Movie and The Bourne Ultimatum.

This is far from a bad summer season.

One cannot anticipate the KLCI to climb to 1500 every year and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Chiam said...

Ah, the film student attempting to appear refine by sharing whatever expert opinion one can muster.

It is true that Spiderman 3 may appear artistic, and thus confusing. I do not doubt that there is a fundamental message Transformers wanted to convey. Nor am I interested in debating that F4 2 is better than its predecessor.

Truly, I can’t say anything about F4 for I have yet to see it, while the other movies are not worth the mention. But as a COMIC BOOK FAN, I cannot hide my disappointments in the direction the movie makers have adopted.

Fan favourite Venom was relegated to a bit part role to accommodate unnecessary dance sequences. Classic characters were replaced by the newer Camaro to flaunt our current technology. And both sacrificed intelligent word play for mere gimmicks to emphasize the storylines. What is there to like?

If you can actually read, you’ll know that it’s just plain weird to have barely sufficient dialogue for Spiderman with his reputation as the witty hero. As for a series where characters are so important, it’s surprising that role development is featured so little, especially with the Decepticons.

So, before you defend these money-rakers for their ‘interesting camera angles’ or ‘expressive colour schemes’, please think beyond the shallow art and give some thought on the other aspects that require more brain power.