Wednesday 4 July 2007

Wimbledon

FINALLY!!! After being in this country for 6 years, I managed to watch the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. It was really a spontaneous trip to go down to Wimbledon and watch tennis. I would say this would be my first time watching a live game sport. I'm naturally a lazy person not doing any sports. But hey, I do enjoy watching GOOD sports. :)

So, basically Changyong wanted to do this before he heads back to Singapore for good and since the event was around the corner, we said let's go. Our journey to Wimbledon was short and to my amazement, it was very well organised. They have bus services to the courts and taxis too at a flat rate. Well, since I'm still young I think it would be wise to use the youth in me to walk. :P

The queue for the tickets weren't existent and after a debate we decided to buy tickets for Court 2 seating tickets. It was 31 pounds. I know it sounds a bit expensive but hey, it is once in a life time to watch it.

So our first match was Ana Ivanovic versus Nadia Petrova. We were slightly late as we missed out 5 sets but it was all good. The next 2 games were spectacular. I couldn't believe the difference watching a tennis game at home compared watching it live. My heart was beating so fast and the adrenaline as a spectator was just intense.

Well, if you watched that match, I was on TV. Just look out for a person in grey jacket with a blue t-shirt. :)

Centre Court. They don't have a roof this year.


Court 2. But then it rained a lot which disrupted play. :(

Ana Ivanovic serves. Cantik!!! :P

Changyong and I at Court 2. Our seats were the second row from the court. So good. :P

Ana Ivanovic which I supported won. :P

The second match was Nicolas Kiefer against Novak Djokovic. There is big difference when the gentlemen play. The ball goes much faster and the strength they have. Waaaaaaaaaaah!

Nicolas Kiefer.

Novak Djokovic.

Everyone finding for shelter as there was thunder and lighting. :)

Inflated balloon to keep the grass dry. I didn't know they had this feature.

Pee ka booo. :P

We were suppose to watch this match but it was cancelled to the shit weather. So close yet so far. :(

We at Court 3 now. Hated the stupid French kids behind us.

Double rainbow if you can see if it. But to my surprise, I didn't know rainbow can have 2 types of colour series'. Like the rainbow on the left is from Blue to Red and the right is from Red to Blue. Cool. :P


And our day ended. Though it was just for only than 2 hours. :(

Oh yea, I had Cornish Pasty and a Pimp while I had fish and chips for dinner. All in all, this trip or outing was very nice. I spent it with a good buddy and the games were nice to watch. So, I think this is one of the things I would have watch before I die and I did. :P

No comments: