Monday 9 July 2007

Sports Mania

There were so many major sporting events happening today in UK. This is like overdose of sporting events.

The first sporting event which started for the day was Formula One in Silverstone. The starting was good as usual but the pit-stops made the whole difference. In the end, Kimi Raikkonen won. Yay!!! Hamilton from the UK obviously got a big cheer when he got onto the podium. British, what to do.

Kimi Raikkonen. The promising Finn. :)

Then it was Wimbledon. The most famous grass court tennis tournament in the world. As I told you all, Changyong and I went for it and it was great. Today's singles men match was great. It was between Federer and Naval. The next match in Centre Court was the mix doubles. It was just wow. This was the first time I'm seeing a match where it was really enjoyable instead of being so stressed. :)

Roger Federer winning for the 5th time in a row.

Jamie Murray and Jelena Jankovic. The underdogs. Good game and entertaining. Oh yea, Murray is the first British to win a Wimbledon title in 20 years. Oh wow.

The Tour de France, the second most watched sporting event after the World Cup. Did you know that? I wished I could have seen a bit of it since it was around Hyde Park. I would have joined about 500,000 people. But I decided not to because it would be havoc and I wanted to watch tennis.

I was flipping channels furiously between these 3 sports. Poor remote control.

No comments: