Saturday 21 July 2007

Potter Mania

Okay la. This might sound sad that I went to the launch of the new Harry Potter book by myself but wei, I'm so bored here la!!! Not to mention, I swore that I would make it for a launch of a Harry Potter book if I'm in the UK and I did it. I would have done it back in Malaysia at 7 a.m but I don't think my Mom would be too please with me. :)

Anyway, it was pretty exciting to see many people queueing up for nearly 2 days to get a hold of a copy. I myself will be waiting for my book in the post. I have to give to my sister to read it first because she is on a busy time schedule that she has to read it first. After that, I have the whole week to read it before I head off to Norway.

I was at Borders at Oxford Circus about 1 1/2 hours early and took my time reading the old Potter books and had a nice cup of Starbucks. The atmosphere was quite wizardy even there was a painter to paint faces. Obviously, I didn't get a lighting bolt on my forehead okay. I'm NOT that crazy. And besides I'm old already(Cough all you like people!!!)


People camping.

Harry Potter.

They were the first to queue for nearly 2 days. Hardcore man.


Wand duelling. Kekeke.

Some entertainment.

Witches. Though one has the Sorting Hat.




Mad rush to get it.

From Gryffindor.

And the book itself.

After 15 minutes, the queue was still at Oxford Circus tube station. Yikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness! i didn't know it was that big of a deal. but i suppose it was worth going to see, even by yourself. once in a lifetime mah! looks like you had a fab night!

Cheng Chun said...

I definitely did. Would have loved you there too but oh well... :)