Thursday 19 July 2007

Happy Birthday Heng Kai

Happy Birthday Heng Kai.

It has been about 11 months I have known you. I still remember the first time speaking to you on MSN and you weren't shy at all voicing out your concerns about Imperial, what to expect and being in London. You were also bold enough to meet me in Midvalley after about a few chats. Our first encounter was really funny and my famous quote 'You look like a senior.'

So, the first term you were trying to settle in and I bet you did quite well adapting to your new environment. You loved Beit Hall which was basically across Imperial(well, my department at least) and attending your lectures at your leisure. And of course you have your Gothic roommate.

It was really sweet of you to celebrate my birthday dinner with me eventhough you were busy. I know I had a dateline the day after too. But food comes first right. ;)

Man, you look so young. Thanks again for coming.

Then, came me going over to Norway which was quite hard for me leaving a lot of things behind. At that point I regretted going to Norway. My first thought of going abroad was because I had nothing in London as most of my friends had graduated. However, you helped me through those tough times. You certainly changed my mind and attitude.

I shall pass the emo and jiwang stuff I faced when I was in Norway and came MNight which I flew back. You were amazing on stage by the way and I wouldn't missed it for the anything. I'm still pissed that I missed you after the show.

Here in Mandarin Kitchen and I won the bet. I told you I never lose a bet. I should have wagered more. :)


Anyway, during my 4 months in Norway, I managed to find a long lost little brother. Even my Norwegian friends congratulated me for finding one. To be honest, I was shocked them congratulating me and it was quite funny.

I can't put in words for how much you have helped me, Kai. You are always lost when I say thanks for helping me out in everything. And you know what. You definitely have been right and during that times, you were the older brother. :D And I also apologise for the dumb questions and the disturbance I give you all the time.

My last day for my holidays in March. I know very lame taking a picture at the Queen's Tower.

And my last day for the Easter holidays. I think that would be the best Easter break I had bunking at your place.

Once again Heng Kai, Happy 19th Birthday. I'm sure you will have a great day and sorry I can't make it back. You know I would love to be there. Well, I'm sure you would have a handful of things to do. Have fun Little Brother!

2 comments:

Heng Kai said...

you made it sound really soppy and emotional :S
anyway, really appreciate ur post. thanks for the birthday wish/post once again! :P

Cheng Chun said...

Lol. Soppy and emo meh... It could go even worse you know :P

Well, you know how it goes with me what. :P Hehehe.

Have fun and great talking to you.