Wednesday 28 March 2007

A Week From Now

A week from now, I will back in London. AGAIN! Yes yes, I know. You guys must be thinking 'Is Cheng Chun really away?' or 'I thought I just saw you like recently?' I was back on the 1st and I already on the way back for the second time. I really can't tell you how excited I'm to go back to London. It is certainly the best place to be in. The best of it is having great friends there and also great food. It sounds quite greedy but hey, I don't really get Chinese food here and other types, so time to make up for time eating. I do hope I won't be a Michelin Man by the time this trip is done.

Actually, I was suppose to surprise everyone that I was going back to London for Easter but nearly every fresher was asking me 'Eh Cheng Chun, when are you coming back for Easter?' I gave up saying 'I don't know or I might not' and since I might be able to attend the Leavers Party(MSoc you better make it for me! :D) I had to tell. Oh well. No difference I suppose.

Tonight was something different I did. I went out for the first time to meet a half Norwegian/half Bangladeshi, Daniel, in Prestekrageveien 4 (PK4). Don't ask me what it stands for but words here are super long. We chit-chatted for 1 1/2 hours about life in Imperial and Malaysia. And this is for sure, we both agreed that Norwegians are very hardworking people. They wake up at 7 a.m for their 8 a.m lectures(which I'm certainly most of you won't be able to get up. I know my little brother won't :P) and stay in uni till 7-8 p.m every day. After that, they don't go to the pubs like the English do but more like going back home to continue/finish their tutorials/homework. Basically, they are very consistent with their work. They are the creme de ala creme of the students in Norway and they are here in uni to be the best. As for us, ahem ahem. Procrastinating all the way until the dateline or till the exams are near. Oh well, so different. Stress only seeing them working so hard.

Well, it is quite interesting to see what kind of people there are in university in different countries.

But as for now, London here I come in a week's time and I can't wait. I hope to see everyone and I hope they are excited to see me too.

No comments: