Wednesday 28 March 2007

An Ending For Now

Officially, I already off. I have already completed everything(surprisingly) what needs to be done for this term. After endless hours of number crunching, I am definitely ready for this break. I am very tempted to pack my bags now and head off to good old London. Of course, I am suppose to get going with my report but that can wait till I get back to London since I will be Imperial most of the time. I'm still pretty bummed out from last week's experiment and need re-energising. I know definitely in London I won't be sleeping much either.

The day ended for me with the design of my vortex generators and I immediately headed home. To my amazement, I saw this line of cars in front of the bus stop. It was a TRAFFIC JAM! This hardly happens here or may be it is just rush hour. But I am certain I never seen a queue like this before. Instead of the normal 6 minutes to uni, it took about 15 minutes back to Moholt.

The jam was up to 700m. Quite long for Norwegian standards.

And it continued. That was the bus 5 I was going to take.

I was pretty happy since the day was nice and all work done so, I decided to go to the bigger grocery shop down the road where I stay. I began hunting for pork ribs because I wanted to make bak kut teh for some friends here. To my dismay, there wasn't any. Fine, may be instead of BKT, I could make Chik Kut Ket. AGAIN! They didn't sell any whole chickens. I am just totally speechless here. They sold just only breast meat and marinated chickens. You gotta be kidding me. I mean are they THAT lazy to even marinate their own chicken. By the way, they don't have the wings or legs. Such a waste. Such a waste. Anyway, I'm a bit stressed now because I don't know what should I put in my 'Kut Teh'. May be a mixture of both meat? Hmmmmm. That's going to be a bit out of its world but I think I might just go ahead with the pork shoulders they sold somewhere.

Although I'm done for this term, I still have to go to Uni tomorrow just to finalise my design of my vortex generators and they will be producing about 50 pieces for me. After that, I have to tape it(Oh wow, such accuracy and technology we have these days) on the wing. I already calculated that I need to do the experiment 15 times after I come back from Easter. It is sure going to be a hell of a week then.

As for now, time for me to relax and chill. Let the countdown begin. 6 more days till I go back to London. Just 6 more days.

2 comments:

dulcinea said...

putting in a mixture of meats actually gives it a nice flavour. i do that sometimes, cos u get the sweetness of the Bak kut and the tenderness of the Chik kut...
lol!

Cheng Chun said...

Sounds good... But the whole chicken here is more expensive than 5 pieces of breast meat la... I just don't know what to do in this country!!! :(