Wednesday 8 August 2007

Talking From Work

Okay. I might be abusing this but seriously, there is nothing for me to do now. I have been reading manuals(not much really) and annual reports of the other companies which deals with my company. It is quite interesting to see why a company has a lower revenue compared to other years etc. However, I do get lost with the jargon their throw out in the accounting side.

Anyway, the person who is suppose to give me the simulation project just got in today will(hopefully) will send me a well which has been done and I can compare my simulation to the others. So, now at least I don't feel guilty about yesterday not doing anything. He is currently busy and I still have no idea how to pronounce people's name. They have Å, Ø, Æ at the front, middle and end of their names which makes it canggih yet a tongue-twister.

As for today, I was late for work because of the road being too busy. Yes yes. That's not an excuse but there isn't a pedestrian cross anywhere and I had to go all the way up(about 50 metres) to cross the road. Not that I suck in crossing the road but the road has 4 lanes. How to cross when it's rush hour!?!? Not to mention is was raining.

Ah yes. The room I'm in is extremely cold. I have no idea why the air con is at full blast. Yes on Monday it was quite warm about 25 degrees but now it is like 14 degrees outside but it feels like 8 degrees. Those who know me I like the cold but when I say it's cold it is REALLY cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have to roll down my sleeves.

Talking about shirts, it seems attire wear here is very casual. People come in with polo shirts with jeans. You gotta love engineering firms. I think most of the people in engineering usually are quite casual. It isn't like those working in the city.

Well, I suppose I have to get more research done or read more about the industry I'm in now.

No comments: