Tuesday 7 August 2007

First Day at Work

What can I say for working in a proper proper work. Well, I arrived at 8 a.m sharp to find the entire building empty. People here start work at 8 a.m. So, I waited for my manager to come in just to find out that he took half a day off to go for his kindergarten open day.

Taking the opportunity to go to town to do my work permit(which by the way, was screwed up. They sent it to Stavanger instead of Bergen. I knew this would happen.) Anyway, I just semi lost coming back because the bus heading back to my hotel was a different number all together. So, I was sent on a wild goose chase finding the right bus. Finally, I decided to call the hotel for directions and they told me the correct number.

Once again, I'm back in the office and my manager, Atle was in. He showed me around the building which was I think new. All the equipments looks new. All the rooms with light sensors. The most canggih thing is the table able to jack up or down. You could either sit or stand if you wish. Hehehe. The mouse was a joystick. Oh well, I suppose I have to get used to it.

So, now the software they are using to drill all of this stuff is outstanding. The simulation goes through a live data coming from the operation from the oil rigs somewhere out in the world. I need to know the software quite well to help out with their projects. Looks very interesting. But now I need to know all their jargon which has crazy with their abbreviations.

I think I can see this stuff in the future. Well, time to get my game on.

No comments: