Thursday 23 August 2007

The Nation's Favourite Food - Dinner

Nationwide poll on dinner for the UK. Where they get these all I don't know. 94% of the people eat their dinners i.e. lazy to cook.

Number 10 - Duck with sauce

Huh. Quite surprise. Though I love my duck from Four Seasons. Duckie duck. That's for meow.

Number 9 - Risotto

Peasant's dish. I hardly eat that. But oh well. It seems the stock is the most important ingredient.

Number 8 - Stuffed Chicken Breast

That's very popular up in the North. But hmmmmmmmm, I never expected it to be so simple. Lol.

Number 7 - Stir Fry

Thank goodness. Very colourful most of the dishes. And it's quite healthy. A stir fry needs a super hot wok that you fear that the oil will splat onto your face. So, you have to be a bit daring yar.

Number 6 - Chilli Con Carne

Student's food. But honestly, I never had one. Invented about 200 years in Texas. Oh wow, something the States invented.

Number 5 - Roasted

All time classic. I love it for Christmas lunch though. But it is easy to do. :)

Number 4 - Shellfish

Yummmmmmmmmmy! My favourite. Though it will lead to high cholesterol and high uric acid.

Number 3 - Fish

Very nice. I love fish. Now, I want to makan steam fish la. :(

Number 2 - Curry

Well, it is a BIG influence. But aiya, the one back in Malaysia is definitely so much different. I suppose they changed it to cater for the British taste buds. Well, the Queen likes curry too.

Number 1 - Spaghetti Bolognese

Oh my. The easiest dish of all time. Well, it is quite easy to do but I nearly died when my hallmate cooking like a week's worth. Nearly dropped dead.

p/s: This post was made like 1 month ago when I was extremely bored and saw it on UK TV. Hehe.

No comments: