Sunday 19 August 2007

To The Gateway of Norwegian Fjords

Our day started at 6.30 a.m because we had to get the bus by 7.30 a.m. Being in Norway on the weekends, the public transport doesn't start that early. So, staying near the airport isn't that good for me to reach the bus station(where we get our special bus from), I had to stay in YMCA for just a sleepover. To be honest, I nearly died staying there not to be spoilt here. But sleeping with 16 other people isn't exactly peaceful.

Anyway, being groggy with like no sleep at all, we headed off and luckily we managed to take the bus to our port, Nordheimsund because the bus had its header heading towards Oslo. Well, we decided to ask the driver and it said, 'Yep' and phew. So, that's when our journey began. Oh ya, thanks to my backup food i.e. cheese bread, we had that for breakfast because most of the bakeries weren't opened yet. So poor Xin Yi was starving and we had it.

Our bus ride took 1 1/2 hours and finally we reached the port. I was feeling sick then because the road was whindy road and I get car/bus motion sickness quite easily. Put don't worry, I didn't go emptying my guts that fast. :)

The weather wasn't kind to us either. It was cloudy, grey and basically against us. To be honest, it is really harsh to be living here. It can rain for 90 days non-stop here. I think I'm beginning to like London's weather now.

Let the adventure begin to the Gateway to the Norwegian Fjords.

So, off we go.

Not my happiest moment but can la because it was very cold, wet and I was tired. :P

This first hotel in Norway in 1722.



Xin Yi. Her hair doesn't look too good. Lol. But seriously, it was very windy. It's due to the geography of the fjords and the surrondings. I could go on with my Aero stuff about it but shall keep it as a relaxing no-brainer outing. :P

Look at the amount of mist and rain.



The sun was struggling to pierce through the skies.

The first sight of a clear sky which of course didn't last for 10 minutes. :(





- To be continued -

No comments: