Friday 31 August 2007

Happy Birthday Malaysia

Today, 50 years ago, the famous seven words our First Prime Minister shouted "Merdeka!, Merdeka!, MERDEKA!" gave birth to a great nation which we all call now Malaysia. The British certainly gave a run for their money giving us the right to rule our own country ourselves. And we certainly proved them wrong.

Even the BBC has made comparison between Malaysia and Ghana who also gained their independence at the same time. But yet, Malaysia has developed and steamed ahead in front in all industries and sectors.

I believe Malaysia is home to the best multi-racial, multi-race, multi-religion country the world has seen. Though we have our differences, we managed to tolerate and find it in our hearts to accept each other through time and understanding.

Okay okay. Enough of all those history and soapy stuff. I'm quite upset because I won't be able to watch the celebration this year because I'm currently in Norway. I would have seen definitely many fireworks display from my apartment and it would have certainly been spectacular.

I am proud to be Malaysian and always be a Malaysian.

Happy Merdeka
Malaysia.

No comments: