Monday 14 January 2008

Melaka Day 2

So day 2 obviously started more with food. We were expecting Vicki from Singapore to come up and we headed for Chicken Rice Ball again. Yay!!! Well, I wanted to meet Vicki's boyfriend, Augustine but he had to leave early back for Australia.

Your typical Baba Nyonya house with a garden or open space in the middle of the house.

Chicken rice ball. So niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.


So after lunch, we walked around for sightseeing. I can tell you I was on the verge of melting. I didn't know Melaka could be a furnace!!! I was a tour guide for Vicki and explaining the history of Melaka since the Portuguese and Dutch and British and how we gained independence. Oh man, I didn't know I still remember so much history since it was like 6 years ago.

Sungai Melaka. Clean already hor.

Windmill. Hmmmmmmm. I suppose it's for the Dutch then.


Melaka clock tower I think. Hehehe.

The first church in Melaka.

Chendol!!! My favourite. :)

The famous Famosa Wall. Like that only ah.


And this was dinner of course, Ikan Bakar!!! Though I have to say, the restaurant was located somewhere really somewhere la. :P

Palm trees. Though there was a monkey fight too.


Hooi Ling and I. She looks like Shu Chi eh.

Fisherman baliking from work.

Fish fish. But there were more before we started our feast. :)

The shells seafood.

Ikan bakar. Yum yum. So much food I tell you.

And back again to Jonker Street for the night-seeing.

The four of us. Me, Shea Maine, Hooi Ling and Vicki.

Karaoking man. Hokkien song with loads of audience too.

And last night having drinks.

Melaka is still quite a good place to eat. I think I will go down again and eat eat eat more.

No comments: