Tuesday 1 January 2008

The Truth With Teas

- UPDATED: Since this topic is quite hangat I will try to find the great rules for all teas :P -

Okay. Here are the 4 great rules of tea.

Rule Number 1
Lipton tea i.e. Malaysian tea only goes with condensed milk i.e. susu pekat manis. And nothing else.

Rule Number 2
English breakfast tea only goes with milk and sugar. And nothing else.

Rule Number 3
Earl Grey only goes with lemon. Of course sugar for added sweetness. And nothing else.

Rule Number 4
Green tea only goes black. And I mean BLACK!!! Those with green tea with strawberry are just a disgrace!!!

If all are not followed, you are a traitor to the tea community!!! Hehe. Tea rocks!!!

6 comments:

sp said...

what about chinese tea, sri lankan tea, japanese tea? :P

Ken said...

I disagree.

1. Lipton tea, made with freshly boiled *Malaysian* tap water, tastes best black.

2. English breakfast tea tastes best black. All non-Twinings blends are not English Breakfast.

3. Earl Grey tastes best black.

I love my tea black :P

Cheng Chun said...

Sp: Well, tak kan you want a strawberry japanese green tea ok(which they have btw) and love it. Eeewwwwwwwwwww. Hehehe.

Ken: Welll, I also drink my tea black especially english and earl grey but those are to enhance the flavour mate. :P

Ellen said...

Green tea goes with nothing and is best served HOT. I gave crap to a waiter who gave me lukewarm green tea with milk and sugar on the side.

Ken said...

Twinings tea needs no enhancement. But I agree milk does help the taste of some other brand teas, like PG Tips which I found leaves a burning sensation in the throat after being drunk black in a rush to get across Gatwick Airport.... :P

sp said...

i am pro-choice, hence i believe however tea is served is entirely up to one's liking.