Thursday 31 January 2008

America Baby!!!

Tadda. This is my secret place I went for 12 days. To America. I know it isn't a big shocker but I found this trip quite exciting. I will be splitting this trip into a few post(not the usual day I, day II etc) and fewer pictures. I don't think I can upload all up since I took about 1000 over pictures.

So, my trip began on Thursday flying to LA. This was only the beginning of a 24 hour flight.

Cathay Pacific lounge.

Gate 37. The gate is ready for the A380.

Doesn't this look the same. But this is from the entrance of HKIA.

Cockpit of a 747. Can't go nearer. Kena halau due to security.

Let's fast forward 24 hours and reaching LA. The Hollywood sign is somewhere there if you can spot it.

Downtown Los Angeles.

After that, it was another 1 hour to Phoenix, Arizona. I think my parents can never fly budget airlines. They drove me crazy with the system and such. Anyway, Arizona is just a desert. And basically, there's nothing. Just more sand and more sand. Lol. But it was a nice, relaxing resorty place to be. Loads of shopping. The purpose of the trip was to go to see my eldest sister.

Well, it would be the touch of death.

I think about day 3, we headed off to the Grand Canyon(which will be another post). The scenery was just amazing was loads of land. The size of Phoenix is about 1200 square miles. That's about twice the size of Singapore. Kakakakakakaka.

Desert of Arizona.

And surprisingly, loads of bushes.

Sodena, a small cowboy town.

Forest in Sodena.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Saw some of your pix on Facebook, Arizona is really beautiful. Looks like it was really cold though :)

Cheng Chun said...

Ya Ken. Too lazy to upload all these pictures here. Hehehe. The weather was not too bad about 5-15 degrees.