Thursday 19 June 2008

Firefox 3

I have been a fan of Firefox and it has never failed me to impress. I just recently upgraded myself to the Firefox 3 beta and to be honest, I'm not too fond of it. May be it's just my old computer not performing but I can't not smoothly if you know what I mean.

First of all, opening like 3 tabs make it so laggy already. Again may be it's my connection but I didn't have any problem with opening 10 tabs with the previous Firefox.

Secondly, when I add a new user or pass nothing pops up to verify whether I want to keep the user and pass. I have enabled that pre-caution and it worked fine in the previous version. So, no idea why this isn't popping up. Sigh.

Thirdly, the URL or navigation bar. When you just add a letter, it scrolls down recent sites you have visited. I know it's normal but the list is so big and freaking long. It's just too irritating. It gives you the title of the site and the http which means double the space. Which means I have to scroll more and even then my favourite websites aren't there.

Fourth, may be, I should write in. I have installed the UK version and it's still giving me a wrong spelling for favourite(NOT favorite!!!), colour(NOT color!!!) , grey(NOT gray!!!).

Fifth, Hotmail now is not responding to the new Firefox. The interface clashes and now, I'm stuck with the old version of Hotmail. Sighhhhhh.

Well, I want to go back to the old Firefox but I can't find the downloads anymore. All has been replaced. T_T!

No comments: