Wednesday 11 June 2008

Emirates

To be honest, this is my first time flying Emirates. There has always been a big hype about being the best, value for money and most of all the food is good and unlimited(to a certain extend).

I think I will create a new topic along the way. Lol. Reviews of airlines.

So, what can I say about this airlines. Well, I have to split it into 2 sections. The first trip up and the trip back.

The first trip from KUL - DBX was not too bad though I have to say that the flight itself was a killer. Flying 2 a.m in the morning ain't my cup of tea. Heck, I don't even fly with Malaysia Airlines for the midnight flight to London. And most of you all know that I don't sleep too late. Zombie only while trying to eat.

The lounge was great and food came non-stop. I mean if I took a plate of salmon out, it was quickly replaced and especially bottles of drinks. The toilet too had a staff each(of course I didn't go to the ladies!) and it was really classy.

Now, the flight. I have to say it was quite bumpy. It was about 85% of the entire flight and of course, I myself didn't really like it too much. I know I know. What an Aeronautical Engineer trying to reassure people that a plane is much safer than a car. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, the staff members were absolutely CHOR LOR(very rough in Hokkien)!!! Goodness, it woke me about 3 times because they were pushing trolleys in and out of the galley and crashing the trolleys into my seat. I think that's very bad because it's like freaking 4 a.m and you go bang a person's chair. Of course, you can jump out and die of shock man. And there wasn't an apology.

So before you land they would serve breakfast. They conveniently had finish their coconut in rice(what else can it be la, Nasi Lemak) so, I had to make do with omelette. After eating that, I felt sick. Oily and gelak only eating it. Ishhhhhh.

Now, here was the fun and exciting. Usually when you land in the home country on the airline everything would be bigger and better. NOT. This is the first time that we have to queue to enter a lounge. I couldn't believe my eyes. That was not the only thing. Even the toilet you had to queue. Gila babi.

The airport is just too small to cope with the amount of people coming in. Yes, the next terminal is going to open at midyear but I don't think it's enough and space for people. Toilets are hardly available and walking to the other side of the new terminal will take about 40 minutes. So what if you have the biggest air terminal in the world. The thing is that you can't even transfer people fast enough. Aihhhhhhh. Think big but not well thought.

Anyway, after staying there for a miserably 3 hours, our plane took left for Larnaca. And also the bus driver got lost transferring people. Aihhhhhhhh. However, at least this is the latest plane in the fleet. Specs will go up later. :)

Some big ass TV. :P

That's the end for the first part. Part II coming up.

No comments: